Friday 7 November 2014

Collaboration: Workplace dramas

     Workplace dramas! It doesn't matter where you work, or what you do, I'm sure there is workplace drama around you. It's quite common and I believe it's because everyone has such big personalities, likes and dislikes which may account for some of the drama. But today we are focusing on something a big different.

     I've decided to collaborate with a fellow Blogger, whose Blog is entitled "The Coming Out Stories" and what I'm going to focus on in this Blog is "Are you victimized, unaccepted or forced to muzzle yourself in the workplace being a member of the LGBT community?"

     Speaking to one of my friends who happens to be an LGBT member, he gave me a summary of what he has to deal with. He workings for an organization that educate people of all spheres of financial options. He told me that depending on where he is going he may be required to "tone down his flare" as it is required since he represents the organization. This can be seen as being forced to muzzle yourself.

    What are your thoughts? While you think about that check out this blog entitled "The Coming Out Stories" this gave me the inspiration to do this blog post. My friend was also featured on that blog so make sure and check it out :http://wavelfraser6.wordpress.com/


Ending this blog post with a quote:

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

No comments:

Post a Comment